Thursday, January 27, 2011

Saucy Shrimp Vindaloo

Last week in class, I had a spice lover, I mean a serious about my chilies kind of guy. So at his request I wanted to scope out a spicy recipe. When you tend to think spice in Indian food, what comes to my mind actually is the thought of vindaloo. A vindaloo, is a dish that is most popular in the western coastline of India and has Portuguese roots. I was looking for a recipe that was bold but not overwelmningly spicy since for a class setting, it is important to balance the flavors and the spice. So I went on a quest for a spice balanced recipe.

Read more »

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rinku, I am doing good! how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything at hand right now ... except the shrimp. :-(
    Looks great Rinku ... would love it with some rice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rinku,
    My husband loves vindaloo dishes. I do, too, if not too too hot. I'll have to try this one. Looks delicious. I have a few great spicy Indian dishes on my blog, also, inspired by Julie Sahni and Madhur Jaffrey.

    Happy cooking!
    Phyllis, aka sweetpaprika.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great class and instructions. I have made a few chili pastes since your class (non were hot enough for me) as well as masalas. I have tried my take on indian food everyday since your class!

    ReplyDelete