Monday, January 17, 2011

Clove Tea and Coconut Date Cake

I love tea, and have managed to transfer my affection for this unassuming brew over to my  husband. I am fussy about the temperature and variety and in winter I love to add spices in my tea. Clove is one such variation. The tea I used for this particular recipe was whole leaf Assam tea.
For texture purposes this a full bodies black tea, usually the kind found in the English breakfast blends. This also holds it own with a bold flavor like cloves. To make clove tea my way is pretty simple.
Read more »

3 comments:

  1. oh my. both the cake and the tea sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea sounds different ... will it be ok if I try it with darjeeling whole leaf tea?
    Am in love right now with masala chai .. love the sting from the ginger and other spices in the throat. Hope you are better now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anh,

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Sharmila,

    With Darjeeling you will just get a somewhat lighter blend I would probably reduce the cloves.

    Rinku

    ReplyDelete